1. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All schedule changes are made through the office. In order for us to guarantee a schedule change, i.e. skip service, to get service or add extra services you MUST call or email before 3:00 p.m. the day prior to your regular service day. (If your lawn is serviced on Mondays you will need to call Thursday before 3:00 p.m.). If the call is received to skip service the day of the service and the crew shows up at your lawn, you will be charged (we will take the weather into consideration).
2. We run a 7 days rotation, meaning our crews are in the same area of town on the same day of the week, every week. If your gate is locked. And you call the day of service and the men have already passed your community or your street, they will not back track to get it done. It will be done the next service visit.
3. If you are quoted a price for every 7 days on the Spring and Summer schedule and you choose to do a 14 day rotation, there will be an extra charge to cover the extra time and work as necessary.
4. If you have been off schedule for an extended time and request to be put back on schedule, when necessary, there will be an extra charge to get your lawn back in maintenance condition. We will estimate these extra charges at your request.
5. If we have heavy rains during the week, our schedules can run ½ to 1 day behind. The crews continue to work until all possible yards are done. (We do NOT work on Sunday). Those that are not done will be rescheduled for your regular day the following week.
6. If after a heavy rain, you think that your yard is too wet to cut, please notify the office. This is a decision that the crew will not always make to your satisfaction. The same is true of drought conditions. We have tried making these determinations and found that not everyone sees these conditions in the same way.
7. We try and observe national holidays. Yards will be done a day earlier or later these weeks.
1. We do not bag or haul off bags. We mulch all yards which greatly reduces trash going to the landfill and the bag problem. Leave it on the lawn!
1. Our regular service consists of Mow, Edge, Weedeat & Blow (MEW&B). We mulch all lawns.
2. Debris from work not done by Edgewater Inc. will be picked up and there will be an extra charge, i.e. tree/shrub trimmings, flower bed debris, raked leaves left in a pile, etc. If trimming, raking, deweeding is done by us, we bag the debris.
3. If there is seasonal debris or debris from weather, i.e. heavy leaf fall or downed limbs there is an extra charge for cleaning it up and bagging it.
4. If you request extra work by the foreman or crew, they will charge extra for the service.
NOTE: The crew is not qualified to diagnose nor required to report any problem with your lawn. If you notice a potential problem, such as yellowing or brown spots, call the office and someone will determine the problem and the cure and estimate the cost.
1. We expect full payment on invoices upon receipt.
2. All accounts over 30 days will begin accruing a $50.00 per month late charge fee.
3. All accounts over 30 days receive a notification letter. If there is no response, the account is continued delinquent to 45 days, service will be discontinued. We will not resume the yard until the full amount is paid. When service is restored, we will require a check at the time of each service or advance payment.
4. If you service is spotted for non or late payment, when service is resumed there will be an extra charge to get your lawn back in maintenance condition where necessary.
1. If your check is returned to us by your bank unpaid, there is a $50.00 returned check fee per check added to your account. You will receive a courtesy call when we receive the returned check and a notification letter.
2. If there is no response and/or the returned check and fee is not paid with 10 days of notifications, charges will be filed.
3. If your check is returned to us for no signature, there is a $50.00 check fee added to your account.
4. If payment is not received within 60 days, a mechanical lien will be placed on the property.
Responsibility/Liability– irrigation heads, cables, items in lawn, pets, people
1. Edgewater Inc. does not repair or replace damaged or broken irrigation heads. Edgewater Inc. will not take responsibility for irrigation heads that are installed up above grade and or not functioning properly and as a result are damaged by our equipment. Heads installed correctly at grade level and functioning properly should never be damaged by our lawn equipment. Irrigation head/ equipment failure is not the responsibility of the lawn maintenance crew either, i.e. pop-ups that don’t retract back down into the ground to the proper position are equipment failure. It is the clients or property owners responsibility to make sure all heads are correctly installed at or slightly below grade and to maintain them in good working order. In a perfect world all irrigation heads would be installed at or slightly below grade, pop up water then always retract back into the ground out of harms way. Before Edgewater Inc. will take responsibility a supervisor will inspect the damage and determine if damage was caused by the crew’s carelessness or negligence. If so determined, Edgewater Inc. will assume responsibility.
2. Edgewater Inc. will not take responsibility for any exposed wires, TV cables, electrical cables, etc. that are not buried and installed properly and as a result are cut or damaged by our equipment. Cables that are buried properly and securely fastened to the house should never be damaged by our equipment. If your cable gets cut call your provider and complain about the shoddy job the installers they subcontracted did.
3. Edgewater Inc. will not be responsible for landscape lights placed along flowerbeds, driveways, sidewalks or anywhere else. Nor will Edgewater Inc. be responsible for foreign matter left on the lawn- toys, water hoses, yard art or anything else.
4. Edgewater Inc. is not responsible for containing pets on your property. Our crews will make every effort to make sure all gates are closed when we finish but will not assume responsibility for your pets. Also, if there is a dog in the backyard on the scheduled service day and our crew feels threatened by the dog the backyard will not serviced.
5. Finally, please park your vehicles in the garage on your service day so they are safe and out of the way. When our crew arrives at your property please make sure all adults, children and pets are inside so they are not exposed to any debris that may be thrown from the equipment. And please do not ever approach or speak to Edgewater Inc. employees.
50% down and the balance is due and payable when last listed specified labor, plant and material is installed.
Landscape modifications may be necessary to maintain the aesthetics of the design. Only those changes deemed absolutely necessary will deviate from the original proposed agreement, drawing, plan or listed plant(s) and/or material as specified.
CHANGE ORDERS AND CONTINGENCIES
If any changes are requested by the owner during installation, such as an increase in plants or other materials, or for extra work to be done, not so described in the proposal or indicated on the submitted landscape plans, a line item charge will be added to the amount so described in the proposal which is fair and customary for such requested work. Any and all deviations from the above specifications involving extra costs will be executed
only upon written order which will create an extra charge over and above the proposal. All elements of the agreement are contingent upon strikes, accidents, or delays beyond our control. The proposal does not include materials which may be required should unforeseen problems arise after the work has started.
PLANT AND WORKMANSHIP GUARANTEES
Edgewater Inc. shall guarantee that all plant materials shall be delivered and installed in a healthy condition, being 100% free of any form of pest infestations or fungi/bacterial infections. Should any plant(s) become unsightly or perish due to complications from any said problems, within 30 days of installation, (seasonal flowers or sod excluded) such plants shall be immediately replaced (subject to availability) with no cost of plant or labor being charged to the owner. However, if we are removing and transplanting some of your existing plants, please be advised; their survival depends on the size, age and viability of the plant. There is no guarantee on transplanted plants. For warranty to be valid, invoice must be paid according to specified terms and our care and watering instructions must be followed. Acts of God (i.e. lighting, storm, drought, freeze, etc.) or damage due to accidents (i.e. kids, dogs, etc.) or vandalism are not covered by this warranty. Warranty void if plants are moved.
Edgewater Inc. will not be held responsible for any damage to invisible fences, irrigation systems, underground pipe, television cable, electric or gas lines, outdoor lighting, etc. Fees to repair any damage will be responsibility of the customer. These lines can be marked by the contractor who installed them or by calling 811 before work begins. The customer is responsible for any associated fee and contacting the contractor or 811. The cost of relocating lines will be responsibility of the customer.
Proposals may be withdrawn by us if not accepted within 60 days.